At Isis, we’re constantly reviewing market trends and the legal indemnity policies that we offer, to make sure we’re providing the best cover available. As the trend for borrowers to seek longer mortgage terms shows no sign of abating, we are pleased to announce that we have extended the periods of cover on several of our policies. And while the terms of cover apply to the policy holder, where our policies also cover the lender, they are covered for the full term of the mortgage, provided the mortgage is taken out within the period of insurance.
Longer terms are now available for the following:
- Adoption of Road or Sewer (section 38 and section 104 Agreement) – our 10 year limit has been extended to an unlimited period
- Chancel, known liability – extended from 25 years to 35 years
- Environmental and contaminated land policies – extended from 25 years to 35 years
- Judicial Review – the six month policy term has been replaced with an indefinite term
- Road Charges – extended from 10 years to 35 years
- Sewer (no build over agreement) – extended from 15 years to 35 years.